The Hopewell United Methodist Church is doing a food drive with The Crisis Ministry of Mercer County. Please bring some healthy, non-perishable foods to church with you! Boxes in Narthex and Sunroom Deadline is Nov 24.
What to contribute:
Please help promote good heart health with low-sodium and low-sugar foods. No glass containers – keep it to plastic, canned or boxed goods.
• Canned low-fructose fruit
• Canned proteins (tuna, salmon, chicken, chili)
• Shelf-stable milk (like Parmalat)
• Peanut butter
• Canned potatoes
• Hot cereal (oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat)
• Small/medium box of cold cereal
• 1–2 lbs. pasta
• Boxed macaroni and cheese
• 2 lbs. rice
• 1 lb. dried beans
• Honey (plastic container)
Flyers are available in the Narthex. Leaders for this drive are the small group of Rich & Colleen, Phyllis, Rich & Pat. If you have questions or want more info, please see them.
UPDATE: The food has been delivered to the Crisis Ministry. Thanks to all who donated!!