HUMC’s current sermon series is titled “Reframing Worship: The Way of Love.”
The sermon series explores how we worship and ultimately how we love. Pastor Kate describes it this way: “Does Christianity matter? What good is faith? These are questions that get asked all of the time by church and non-church folks alike! In this series, we want to reframe and rediscover what is at the heart of the Christian faith – a life of love. Love is not a concept that our present culture, or even the Church often gets right. So we are going to spend time unpacking what it means to worship God and learn a way of love that transforms our lives and the life we find in all of God’s creation. Worship cannot just be what we do on Sunday mornings — it is a way of Love.”
- Her first message is “Reframing Worship: Embracing the Mystery of God,” was based on John 1:19-34.
- The second message Reframing Worship: The Way of Love draws from 1 Corinthians 1:10-17.
- In “Reframing Worship: Created for Wonder,” Pastor Kate draws upon her love of the ocean, and finding worship in reading Psalm 104 on the beach.
- The message Reframing Worship: A Call to Confess & Get Salty presents lessons learned from Matthew 5:13 (“You are the salt of the Earth”) and Isaiah 58:9-12.
- In Reframing Worship: Loved to the End to Love Till the End, Pastor Kate references Valentine’s Day and John 13 to reflect on the love of God, how we experience it, and what it can mean to us.
- The message titled Reframing Worship: What Are We Building? explores building on the foundation of Christ and creating God’s kingdom.
- In “Reframing Worship: Signposts in the Dark” Pastor Kate references Matthew 17:1-9 (The Transfiguration) to explore the challenge of walking in darkness, when we find it scary and hard to navigate.
Join us on Sundays!
All are welcome – no exceptions! – to join us for worship services at 10 a.m.
Adult Sunday Small Group at 9 am is starting a new series on Incarnation and will be led by Pastor Kate. Join us each Sunday.
If you would like to see past sermons, view our Youtube channel for more videos in our archives.