The HUMC will be participating in the 2020 Sunday of Service on November 1, 2020 with the Hopewell Council of Churches. Serving together is a powerful expression of faith and a show of love for our local community!
NOTE: We will not have worship at 10 am as we will be participating in either in-person (socially distant) or virtual service projects. See below for a closing virtual worship service link for the day!
- Zoom Worship Service at 7 pm. Join us on Zoom.
Here’s the kickoff video:
Please read this document for COVID-precautions to take while participating in service.
In-Person Outdoor Socially Distant Activities:
- 5K Walk to Benefit the Chubby’s Project. Walk through the fields of St. Michael’s Preserve to benefit the Chubby’s Project. Since March the Chubby’s Project has delivered over 2,500 meals to local families in need. Two different sign-up times: 9:30am & 11:00am.
- Food donations and wagon train to benefit Chubby’s food pantry. The wagon train will pick up non-perishables from community members
- Planting native plants at Sourland Conservancy.
- Grounds/maintenance at the Stoutsburg Sourland African American Museum.
Remote Activities that can be Done At Home:
- Card Writing to participants in the Chubby’s Project: make cards to accompany the hot meals and groceries delivered each weekend to over 40 households in celebration of Thanksgiving. Join us on Zoom at 10:30am on Nov. 1 or work on making cards throughout the day. Click HERE to view more information on how to participate.
- Making Fleece Blankets for Project Linus make no-sew fleece blankets for children in need. The Linus Project has given out over 8 million blankets to children around the world. Join us on Zoom at 10:30am on Nov. 1. Join on Zoom.
Please sign-up via this digital form below- so that we can contact you with more details and for safety in this time of COVID.
SIGN UP FOR SERVICE ACTIVITIES BY CLICKING HERE!