Tbis month, we are kicking off our second quarter for missions 2021 that will continue through May. Our theme is Humanitarian Relief as we focus our support for UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief).
During the quarter we will be working on two specific projects for UMCOR. The first will be collecting a monetary donation to support the United Methodist Church’s – UMCOR Special Giving Sunday.
This special giving is important as it goes to support the administrative/overheard costs to operate UMCOR. This then allows 100% of what is given to UMCOR for a specific disaster relief to go directly to that need. More information about this special giving Sunday will be presented later this month.
Monetary Donation: Starting today through March 28th you can help support this collection by noting on your check payable to HUMC how much you want designated to UMCOR Special Giving. Online donations can be done by using the Donate Now tab on our Church’s website Home Page and selecting Outreach https://www.hopewellmethodist.org/
Our second project to help UMCOR is assembling Hygiene Kits. These hygiene kits provide basic necessities to people who have been forced to leave their homes because of human conflict or natural disaster. They also are used as learning tools in personal hygiene, literacy, nutrition and cooking classes.
On April 18, (weather permitting) we will be assembling the kits after the Outside Service. Alternate date: to be announced later.
Collection of items needed for kits: Right now, we need your help to collect the items needed to assemble the kits. Items can be dropped off in the blue bin on our front porch. Items needed are: Please note UMCOR has specific sizes or styles that that need to be followed.
- Hand towels 15 x 25 – 17 x 27 inches: (No kitchen, cleaning or microfiber towels),
- Washcloths: (No kitchen, cleaning or microfiber towels)
- Combs: (Must be sturdy with at least 6 inches of teeth, no pocket combs or picks, Rattail and combs without handles are acceptable but must have at least 6 inches of teeth)
- Toenail or fingernail clippers: (No emery boards or metal nail files)
- Bath-size soap (3 oz. bar or larger): (No Ivory or Jergen’s soap, do not remove from packaging)
- Adult toothbrush: (Do not remove from packaging, personal advertising not acceptable)
- Adhesive bandages ¾ by 3 inches: (Common household bandages acceptable)
Please note: Contents of kits should not be imprinted with cartoon characters, advertisements, religious, patriotic, military or camouflage symbols
Thank you for helping us provide Humanitarian Relief by supporting UMCOR.
HUMC Missions Team